Escalated complaints, disciplinaries, toxic situations. They’re expensive, they’re time-consuming, and they’re stressful.
Participants on this three-day immersive workshop will gain practical skills from a experienced mediator, to help them defuse potentially toxic situations, learn professional mediation and negotiation techniques, deal with hostility from or between others.
- We’ll demonstrate and practice specific conflict resolution techniques, used by the Police and Prison services, that help de-fuse situations before they get ugly.
- You’ll examine your own unconscious bias, and what to do about it.
- You’ll learn how to stay calm in stressful situations using the latest mindfulness techniques.
- You’ll explore techniques used by professional mediators to reach points of resolution between individuals in conflict, understanding the differences between arbitration, adjudication, and mediation.
- You’ll see some recognisable workpIace situations played out in vignettes, and see the specific tools that enable each aspect of that situation to be resolved.
- You’ll then – with guidance and live feedback – carry out a live mediation session from initial individual meetings, to bringing all parties together and mediating to a resolution.
- All participants will receive a comprehensive workbook to support their progress.